So I'm down and so I'm out 我既失意又落寞,
But so are many others. 但多少其他人也一樣。
So I feel like trying to hide my head 因此我遮起頭來,
'Neath these covers. 藏在掩飾之下。
Life is like the seasons, 生命如季節,
After Winter comes the Spring. 冬去春復來。
So I'll keep this smile a while 且將笑容暫留
And see what tomorrow brings. 放眼明天會帶來什麼。
I've been told and I believe 曾聽說, 而我也相信
That life is meant for living. 生就要活着。
And even when my chips are low, 就算我的籌碼不多,
There's still some left for giving. 多少總還有點可以施予。
I've been many places, 我曾到過不少地方,
Maybe not as far as you. 或許未及你去的遠。
So I think I'll stay a while 因此我想逗留片刻
And see if some dreams come true. 試看某些夢想是否可以成真。
There isn't much that I have learnt, 我學懂的不太多,
Through all my foolish years, 胡塗歲月之中,
Except that life keeps running in cycles: 只知生命不斷迴轉:
First there's laughter, 初是歡笑
Then those tears. 繼而淚水。
But I'll keep my head up high, 但我仍要抬起頭來,
Although I'm kind of tired. 雖然多少我感覺疲累。
My girl just up and left last week, 去週我的女友棄我而去,
Friday I got fired. 週五我被解雇。
You know it's almost funny, 那看來幾近滑稽,
But things can't get worse than now. 但情況不可能比現在更差。
So I'll keep on trying to sing, 因此我會繼續歌唱,
But please just don't ask me now. 但請別問我如何。